2nd Annual If I Had a Trillion Dollars (IHTD) Youth Film Festival
If you had all the power, what would you do with a TRILLION dollars?
State and Federal budget cuts are closing schools, cutting Pell Grants, healthcare, and other programs that are crucial for young people and our communities – and yet they usually aren’t a part of the conversation.
The IHTD Youth Film Festival asks young people to speak out on the federal budget and asks them to consider:
The $1 trillion spent yearly on the U.S. military
The $1 trillion spent on the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan
The $1 trillion plus in tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans
What would you do with $1 trillion – for yourself, your family and your community?
- The IHTD Youth Film Festival is sponsored by American Friends Service Committee and National Priorities Project (NPP) with the purpose of involving young people in the debate about federal budget priorities.
- A selection of videos will be chosen for screening at the IHTD Youth Film Festival to be held in Washington DC April 14-16, 2012. From these films, prize winners will be selected by a panel of judges headed by Actress Susan Sarandon.
- All participants are eligible to attend a workshop, training session, and the Film Festival in Washington, DC presented by AFSC and NPP. Subsidies will be available from AFSC and NPP to help fund travel to DC.
- Anyone age 23 or under may submit a video.
- Each person may submit up to 2 videos.
- Videos should be no longer than 3 minutes.
- Submissions must be received by January 15, 2012.
- There is no entry fee.
For more information: email@example.com.
Follow us on facebook! http://afsc.org/resource/2nd-annual-if-i-had-trillion-dollars-ihtd-youth...