Seek wholeness through action!
Interested in reconnecting faith and witness? Longing to get more deeply engaged in movements for peace with justice and connect with other Quakers working for change? Want to learn about organizing with the Spirit?
Join AFSC staff and others at the Friends General Conference Gathering in Western Carolina University, Cullowhee, NC, the largest annual gathering of liberal Quakers, for a full schedule of activities to stoke the fire of faith-inspired activism.
This year AFSC will be offering four workshops at the Gathering and running a full series of afternoon events to explore the spiritual grounding for action, the nuts and bolts of organizing, and information about issues.
Learn more about registration here.
Workshops Led by AFSC Staff
Week-long morning workshops at the Gathering include four led by AFSC staff:
- Cross-Border Immigrant Tales & Action Tools (Pedro Rios, Lori Khamala, and Chia-Chia Wang)
- Quakers and Criminal Justice: Past to Future (Laura Magnani & Jerry Elster)
- Shared Secuirty: A Quaker Vision for U.S. Policy (Aura Kanegis, Raed Jarrar, and Alissa Wilson)
- Telling Stories for Racial Justice (Lucy Duncan & Sharon Goens-Bradley)
A Series of Afternoon Events
Afternoon events will include:
- The Courageous Many: A panel presentation on undoing racism
- Small group justice ministry: bring spirit and action together with this powerful organizing model
- Radical Hospitality: Working for Immigrant Justice
- Global Shared Security & changing foreign policy at home
- The Quaker Network to End Mass Incarceration: working together for change
- Organizing for justice in Israel and Palestine