Do you think you can rock a video camera? Now is your chance! The Immigrants Voice Program (IVP) has designed a scholarship for youth of immigrant background. The three winning videos should consist of a detailed, well thought, creative, persuasive story. The story should be a personal narrative about immigration to the United States, the importance of this decision, and how it has affected the future of the individual and his/her family.
Questions should be directed to Claudia Thrane, Youth Program Associate at (515) 201-3189, email: firstname.lastname@example.org; or to Sandra Sanchez, IVP director, preferably at her email at SSanchez@afsc.org or call her at (515) 274-4851 ext. 11.
Contest rules to be announced soon.
Emails expressing interest to participate in the contest are being accepted from April 15 to June 15. Registration form is available at our website. Video should be submitted no later than July 15, 2014.
Scholarship entry requirements:
- Participants must be ages: 16 - 26
- Enrolled in High School, getting a GED or enrolled at an accredited college or university
- Must be an immigrant, or son/daughter of immigrant parents or of recent immigrant background
- Must be willing to attend awards ceremony
- Should be open to potentially attending 2-3 Immigrants Voice program meetings
Starting April 15th - June 15, 2014
Scholarships to: 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place.
Video length: 2-5 minutes (over 5 min. not accepted)