The Baltimore College Peace Network is a network of faculty and students from colleges and universities in the Greater Baltimore area. The Baltimore Urban Peace Program of the American Friends Service Committee coordinates the Network.
The Baltimore College Peace Network works in three areas:
- Peace Studies
- Service Learning
- Reflective Activism
The Baltimore College Peace Network will:
- Facilitate networking between Baltimore-area campuses regarding peacebuilding
- Develop a list-serve for members
- Share resources regarding peace and justice
- Research, develop and share peace and justice curricula
- Conduct shared events
- Provide mutual support for faculty and students who are passionate about peace and justice
- Organize Peace and Justice Clubs on campuses.
The Network includes Faculty and Students from: The Community College of Baltimore County at Essex, Coppin State University, Goucher College, Johns Hopkins University, Loyola College in Maryland, Morgan State University, College of Notre Dame of Maryland, The Shriver Center and Shriver Higher Education Consortium at UMBC, Towson State University, UMBC, University of Maryland School of Social Work