Tunisia, Egypt, Libya, Wisconsin: New moment of revolt & revolution?
Place: News & Letters Library
228 S. Wabash Ave., Room 230
Join us for a discussion of this moment of revolt, revolution, and counter-revolution, with a focus on Egypt, Libya, and the resistance in the U.S. to the reactionary onslaught after the midterm elections--and how we can intervene with the aim of what Karl Marx called revolution in permanence.
• What new relations were established in Egypt’s Tahrir Square?
• How can the Egyptian revolution continue and deepen after the overthrow of Mubarak?
• How can we in the U.S. support the Libyan people’s revolution and oppose Qaddafi’s genocidal counter-revolution?
• What is the meaning of the resistance by workers and women to the reactionary agenda being pushed in Washington, D.C, and in state capitols?
• Can raising a banner of total uprooting make a material difference to these struggles?
Come to a discussion based on the call for our national gathering: http://newsandletters.org/Announce/Call2011.asp