Hope for the Hungry - Feeding Greater Des Moines
The goal of Hope for the Hungry is to alleviate childhood hunger in the Greater Des Moines area by 2015. This symposium will seek creative solutions toward accomplishing this goal. Here is the day's outline:
- Yogesh Shah, M.D., Associate Dean, Global Health, Des Moines University, will deliver the keynote address: What Does Hunger Look Like?
- We'll watch the video, Hunger Hits Home, followed by a panel discussion.
- Local experts will share their experience in three break-out groups
- Break-out groups will plan their projects for 2013, toward alleviating childhood hunger by 2015
- Prizes from Iowa Food Cooperative and Tall Grass Grocery Co-op. A rain barrel, including installation, from Rain Barrels Iowa will be the grand prize!
- The Bridge, an ecumenical group of downtown churches, will provide lunch. A free-will offering for lunch will support the Bridge's downtown Connection Cafe, which serves free lunch five days a week to people in need.
We hope you will support the co-sponsors of this event, DMARC's MovetheFood and the Coalition in Support of Hungry Children. Your contributions will enable us to hold a successful event that will help hungry children in the greater Des Moines area move from hunger to food security. Thank you for your support. Visit www.dmreligious.org to download the Supporters letter and commitment/donation form. To learn more, contact Director Diana Sickles at: email@example.com or 515-255-5055. Watch for conference registration materials to be avilable soon!