- This work that we do, it is really about transformation.
- Everyone has ideas.
- We already have self-determination. It is a part of us and cannot be separated from us.
- Look in the mirror and see the love of God.
- Working in community building on our relationships is a powerful recognition of our values.
- This process of listening is a good way to really hear different voices.
- I felt many things. I felt vulnerable and cared for and hopeful.
- I learned that we have to be careful not to assume that there is one answer. This made me feel humble.
- Each of us has been harmed. First we must acknowledge this and then there can be healing.
- It was a gift to hear so many voices.
- I learned to take the perspective of others.
- This process was about forgiveness.
- People are not always going to do good. So, you must get up anyway and do good.
- You make more of a difference than you think.
- Everyone had perspicacious ideas—they thought very hard about things.
- I was happy for this exercise—happy to be able to listen.
- I learned that I was not the only one walking around with these ideas.
- People were really speaking from their heart. This was transformation: reach out and give out.
- I originally thought that going to the heart was not safe, but I took a risk and went there. It was good.
- In my conversations we were both working on the same thing, there were many different directions but it was the same thing.
- We must repair ourselves before we work on healing harm with others. If we don’t do that, we have no idea how to share with others.
- Sharing relationships is taking care of our values. It is a tool to transformation.
- We need to look at powerful systems as people because they are made up of people who can listen, that can make change and can be transformed. This gives me home for change.
- Everyone is aware. We all have hopes, ideals and dreams. Emotions can be in the way. Awareness can change this into something that can make a difference.
- Many of us were looking to heal the world instead of thinking about ourselves.
- I liked what was said about harm and transforming how we look at the things that hurt us.
- Everyone was willing to share openly and completely—this was exciting, but not a surprise.
- The experience felt safe, interesting and there was a richness of perspective and shared values.
- I was surprised that I was not surprised!
Apr 23, 2012