Inspring Peace & Justice in the Pacific Northwest
Pacific Northwest Newsletter Summer 2012
In this issue:
- "Love is Louder than Guns" and "Video Ends the Silence of Undocumented Youth" - reflections from youth working on immigration issues in our Portland office.
- "AFSC Evolves by Merging Regions" and "our Final Executive Committee Meeting" are observations on the changing face of AFSC as the Pacific Northwest Region becomes one with the West.
- Police Accountability becomes community engagement and healing as "Youth Travel to MLK Dedication" and a community turns "Tragedy to Healing."
- Our Indian Program moves "One Step Closer to Protecting Washington State Indigenous Artists" and partners working towards peace seek to "Bring our Billions Home."
- AFSC provides support to "Occupy Seattle NonViolently."
- Youth in Portland learn organizing tactics during "Spring Break Camp" and in Seattle one member of "YUIR" (Youth Undoing Institutional Racism) speaks to the Community Justice Program's impact on her life.
All this and announcements. We hope you enjoy our newsletter!