Douglas Bennett is a member of AFSC's Corporation, as well as the Standing Nominating. He also serves as the clerk for the AFSC Friends Relations Committees. Doug is Emeritus President and Professor of Politics at Earlham College. His scholarly publications includeTransnational Corporations Versus the State: the Political Economy of the Mexican Automobile Industry, co-authored with Kenneth Sharpe (Princeton University Press, 1985), and many articles on transnational corporations in developing countries, immigration, and other topics in public policy and in higher education. In the past Doug has served on various of AFSC's advisory committees. He is married to Ellen Trout Bennett, and has two sons, Tommy (born 1984) and Robbie (born 2003). He is a member of First Friends Meeting in Richmond, Indiana, part of the New Association of Friends. You can learn more about Doug at his blog.
Posts by Douglas Bennett
- What does justice ask of us? What does God?April 2015
- Can we sing together?March 2014
- What are our obligations toward Syria? Are we exceptional or responsible?September 2013
- The Value of the AFSC CorporationFebruary 2013
- AFSC's Work: Of Friends, not By Friends or For FriendsMarch 2012