Families facing deportation share their personal stories at a press conference in Denver.
Photo: AFSC/Gabriela Flora
AFSC is working for U.S. immigration policy that protects the human rights of all people. We directly support immigrant and refugee communities across the U.S. while advocating in Washington, D.C., for humane reform.
A New Path outlines our policy priorities for humane reform that:
- Supports humane economic policies to reduce forced migration
- Provides a clear and timely path to citizenship that prioritizes unifying all family members
- Ends programs requiring collaboration between local law enforcement agencies and U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)
- Protects labor, civil, and human rights for all residents
- Terminates mandatory detention policies
- Contains budget choices that improve the quality of life for border communities